Sunday, November 25, 2007


We came to Lopburi for monkeys and ruins and it did not disappoint. As I was telling Allison to secure all her belongings a monkey ran up and snatched her bag containing a water bottle. He then sat down, unscrewed the cap and drank her remaining water. I tried to get the bottle back from him but he ran off with it, and chewed on it some more. I guess he figured if I wanted it back there must be something good about it. We also got a good meal in Lopburi - duck noodle soup from a street vendor, there were plenty of mystery parts floating in there, some of which I determined to be liver, but still it was delicious.

And while you couldn't describe Thai trains as comfortable, they really aren't that bad either. Aging yes, and on the way back, no AC but not overly crowded, and not full of livestock.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home