Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Atlanta World

Forgot to mention this: While I was taking the train in I'm 90% sure I saw a big Hense tag on an overpass (too quick to draw the camera). For those unfamiliar (who don't take MARTA) Hense is Atlanta's premiere graffiti artist. I don't know if he even lives in Atlanta but he's the one you see most and one of the best, artisticly. So he beaet me to Istanbul. Amazing.

Also not long after the guy sitting across from me was listening to Usher featuring Lil John and Ludacris' "Yeah". That song was ubiquitous among headphone wearing Marta patrons last year.

So the train pretty much felt like home.

On a related note, I guess I see where these cultaral imperialism alarmists are coming from. I don't really mind that young Turks like American music, I'm happy about it in fact, but why does it have to be crappy American music. The Usher song is, decent, but the other stuff I've been hearing is all April Levine and 50 cent. In other words, garbage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home