Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Me gusta Espana.

But we knew that already. Tapas style eating is my cup of tea. Small plates of good stuff, a drink or 2 and on to the next spot.

Today was an art day. Classical in the morning at the Prado, and modern in the afternoon at Reina Sophia. At the Prado you have Velasquez, Goya, el Greco, Borsch and others. They have 1 Rembrandt. I was quite unimpressed with it. Noone would stop at that run of the mill royal potrait if they didn't know it was a Rembrandt (to prove this theory, the un had walked right by it until I pointed it out to her). I liked the Goya, escpecially the dark stuff.

We took a break for lunch and sat in Retiro for a while after failing to find the pond. Then we headed over to Reina Sophia. It houses a lot of great modern art including Picasso's famous and great Guernica. They have a lot of cool sculpture and I have now been hipped to Miro. They also have a good amount of Dali (I still can't decide if he's cool or lame). And as if I didn't have the Pixies' Debaser firmly planted in my head (because I was headed to Andalucia the next day and that song's chorus is "I am un chien Andalusian") the museum was showing two films in an exhibit, one of which was Un Chien Andolou, the surrealist film the song was about in the first place.

In Madrid we didn't do real siestas, so we ended up being pretty tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home